Monday, September 14, 2009

Giving Thanks for our Home

Ralph has been begging me to write a blog, so here goes!


If you look back an entry, you will see a few pictures of our new place. As the day started, I was reminded of all the reasons I am so thankful to the LORD for it!


*Getting up this morning at 5:40, looking out the window into the dawn of a new day, I could see the glimpse of an inactive volcano in the distance!


*As I exited the front gate, I noticed our faithful street guard, in his little casita, only a hundred yards away.


*By the time I got back from my daily walk, the house was flooded with light. Oh how beautiful is the morning sun through spacious windows in every room.


*There are three full baths here, less crowding as we all prepare for the day!


*Each of our kids finally has his/her own real bedroom!


*Our work and the kids' school is a five-minute walk!


*I could hang the laundry right out the back door from the utility room, and watch it flutter in the wind as I did the dishes.


*As I write this at a laptop, there is room at this desk for another laptop and 2 oldies for word processing. Thanks to my dear husband and boys who constructed a long narrow desk so there's plenty of room for all the kids to be doing homework at once!


*The indoor garden helps keep the air clean from the pollution of the busy street a block away.


*Ralph finally has a quiet study to call his own. A refuge as he does homework for his masters level class and room for his vast collection of books!



Now I must move on to the “adventure” of grocery shopping. Perhaps I can return another day and fill you in on more reasons I am Thankful! -Kathy

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Hi Kathy,

It looks beautiful! Where is it located?? Thanks for sharing the photos! I still miss Quito and all of my friends there...

http://aboxofcurtains.blogspot.com