Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eleven Lighted Churches on a 10K Run



This was a really fun evening run.

I took it slowly; most of the photos didn´t blur.

I hope these photos capture the festive, party feel of this 10k run through our historic city.
Members of a mountaineering club trotted the distance in full gear (one weilding an ice pick)
with their helmet headlamps on and roped together.

I ducked into a doorway quickly, asked about AA batteries, and Amelia quickly sold me a packet (she even had correct change.)



















I always feel a magnetic pull to a band. I can't get past without watching awhile or snapping a picture. (Once I shot photos at a high school dance and most of the pictures were of the band, which didn't set too well with the yearbook editors.)

On Amazonas Avenue, the cheering crowds thin. But a drum corps compensated. Rhythmic energy emanated from the stage. I asked a bystander, "Tomback?" and she said "Si, es Tomback." I've included here a concert appearance they did a few years in France. 


No comments:

http://aboxofcurtains.blogspot.com