Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Appreciation to Our Host Country

I wrote several years back, When I sing Ecuador's national anthem, the lump comes to my throat just as it does when I sing "The Star Spangled Banner." I love Ecuador. I love our kitchen window view of the Andes here in Quito, nestled in "The Avenue of the Volcanoes." I love to chat with taxi drivers and many times have given a thumbnail sketch of God's plan of salvation. I love the Ecuadorian music, from the haunting Andean melodies to the lively coastal salsa dance beat to the calm ballads and love songs.

We hope that love is pressed into our kids´hearts as well. Recently Levi was asked to participate in the flag ceremony at his school. He did a nice job and various nationalities were represented among the students.

A 15-second movie clip is available below. It wasn´t Ecuador´s anthem that was playing at the time.

No comments:

http://aboxofcurtains.blogspot.com